Ameshirel: A World Undone
The World of Ameshirel
“Oh fair traveller through Ameshirel,
Pray tell what has brought you.
You wander through lands of Heaven and Hell,
With no thought to what is due.”
~ Lay of the Land, Unknown Bard.
Caution, reader, for below you shall find the very seeds of your destruction. Aye, for these are the briefest of notes on a world unknown. On a world unknowable. If there was a curse to kill a God, it would be that of curiosity. And indeed, it was—for the Gods fell to the very same.
Tread carefully, and blame non but yourselves when your doom is befallen.
Stories & Artworks
Below are the various artworks and stories people have made about the campaign and their characters.
- A Feverish Lesson – A tale of Sigil.
- Communion One, The Eye – A tale of Njord Aldon.
- A Fleeting Memory – A tale of Johannesz.
- Journal Entry – In the company of Gods – A tale of Aishling Geal.
- Working on the way to Sabhail – A tale of someone we’re yet to meet…
- Meanwhile in Sabhail – A tale of our heroes, scarred, and on the edge of ruin.
- The Rider’s Heir – The loss of Daxenth’s Life
Characters & Factions
Below is a list of known characters and factions in the world of Ameshirel. This is not an exhaustive list, but merely those which have been encountered.
- The Scofflaws, a loose term referring to those who make their living between the common laws of the land, whilst not necessarily breaking them. Likewise, they are not exactly Adventurers either.
Below is a list of known places in the world of Ameshirel. This is not an exhaustive list, but merely those which have been encountered.
- Croiglas Barony, the ancestral seat of the Croiglas family, situated in the Westerlands. It is primarily dominated by Mor Foraois.
- Mor Foraois, a large forest in the Westerlands.
- Reims Pairc, a sprawling plain which sits to the west of Mor Foraois.
- An Sleibte, a mountain range which divides the Westerlands in two. Cut through by the mountain pass known as An Geartha.
- Gnoac Chos, a region of foot hills south of An Sleibte.
- Bolath Portach, a stinking and fetid jungle to the south of Mor Foraois. It is utterly untamed.
- Sabhail, a walled town, and capital of Croiglas Barony. It is situated in the middle of Mor Foraois, a large forest.
- Abhain, a small trading town at the fork of a river within Croiglas Barony.
- Logalai, a mining village situated in the middle of a river.
- Sleib, a magical white village situated in the middle of a lake, overlooked by the Faefalls.
Below is a list of known plots in the world of Ameshirel. This is not an exhaustive list, but merely those which have been encountered.
- The History of Ameshirel: A brief recounting of the known history of the world of Ameshirel.
Below is a list of known Gods, religions, magicks, races, and other aspects of the unknown in the world of Ameshirel. This is not an exhaustive list, but merely those which have been encountered.
- The Gods of Ameshirel: Though dead, the Gods an their religions continue to be world changing powers on Ameshirel. Knowing the Gods, if not understanding them, is vital to surviving in these times of strife.
- Bloodlines: The Heroes of Ameshirel are renown because of their deeds, but also because of the divine Bloodlines that flow through their veins.
- The Planes: The world of Ameshirel is layered over with multiple planes of existence. For the most part, these are separate realms, but when they do happen to cross over, there is usually ruin and insanity left behind.
- Demons and Devils: Demons and Devils plague the Planes, and their nature must be understood if one wishes to combat them.
- Awnshelin: The Gods of Ameshirel sometimes morphed their children into monsters, rather than merely passing on their bloodlines. These children are changed, entirely, and become monstrous to behold.
- Apotheosis: With the sudden vacuum created in the wake of the death of the Gods, it is no wonder that the subject of Apotheosis, the ascension to godhood, is now so widely discussed.
Below is a list of META concerns surrounding the Ameshirel: A World Undone Campaign. This is an exhaustive list! If a matter isn’t mentioned here, it is not included in the House Rules. If you believe something should be mentioned here which is not, please flag it with the GM and it will be assessed.
- Karma Points: An alternate reward system for updating the Obsidian Portal page, as well as for helping your fellow players.
- Ending a Session Mid-Goal: At times, the party might get side tracked and be unable to complete its goal in 1 session. These are the rules to govern that situation.
- Character Creation: The following are guidelines on what characters can and cannot be made in Ameshirel, and tips on creating these characters.